PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

Common Core Standards:Grade One/ Post Card Exchange

I'm once again coming to you gals for help! I've just been told that my school is going to be using Common Core Standards. I know a little about Common Core, so I'm turning to you EXPERTS! I've seen somewhere in blog world a post about Common Core Standards but of course since I'm looking for it I can't for the life of me find it! HELP ME PLESE!!!

We have 19 states that are open in the postcard exchange. The states that are open are:
  • Alaska
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Idaho
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming
If you are from one of the listed states PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email Mechele from 
Barrow's Hodgepodge mechele.barrow@gmail.com

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi Takara,

We also are changing to Common Core Standards. I've heard that there are alot less standards, but that you take the standards deeper. We have a training at our school on Thursday. I actually found the world of blogging by searching for common core standards on google. Here is the blog I found. http://tattlingtotheteacher.blogspot.com/2011/06/common-core-standards.html

One of the teachers that has already been to the training told me that even if concepts are not listed on the standards, but you've always taught them, then you still need to teach them. Her example for first grade was that money is not on the standards (I haven't seen them by the way). We are confused then for new teachers or teachers changing grades. How will they know what usually was taught in the past? I guess we will all be figuring it out together.

Hope this give a little help.
Ashley
www.makesmesmile2.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I started using common core standards last year and you know what it make more sense and it is easier to understand for students and teachers. Check out Denna Jump's blog...she wrote about common core standards and is making a packet for first grade soon.

Takara said...

I swear i love this little blog world!!! How else would I find out about what all the other wonderful teachers in the world knew... Thanks ladies!

Takara

Melissa Williams said...

This is a new resource at 1st Grade CCSS links.

First Grade Frame of Mind

Anonymous said...

really this is a nice one

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I just uploaded the CCS cheat sheets at my Teachers Notebooks shop. Hope this helps.