PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet The Teacher Monday- Teacher Week 2011

Welcome to my blog "Thirst for First". I've been reading educational blogs for about a little over a year now, I've learned so much from you awesome teachers. I hope you guys enjoy reading about the things I do in my classroom as much as I enjoy reading your blogs.
.
  This is me
My name is Takara, I'm 26 years old and I've been teaching for four years. This upcoming school year will make my fifth year in the classroom. I graduated in December with my Masters in Elementary Education and today I start my new Masters program in Administration and Supervision! I'm sure these next two years will fly by before I can complain to much about homework!

 Last year I was telling you how great my boyfriend was and how I was hoping for a proposal. Well it happened on April 9, 2011!! We set our date for November 17, 2012. That's our five year anniversary! I'm so excited to become his wife. I'm also having a ball planning our wonderful wedding!
                                          This is my favorite engagement picture

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:I would own a daycare center. In fact I'm still going to pursue that in the near future!

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  Well, well my hobbies are few and far in between. I love reading blogs, learning about natural hair, oh and I LOVE taking pictures of myself!                                                                

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A:  I wanted to be ANYTHING but a teacher. Why? Because my mom was a teacher and I saw how much work she brought home!   

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                          
 A: Ginger Ale, Real Housewives {all of them}, House, HGTV, and WE channel (I love those wedding shows)
Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                               
 A: Not being needed and disappointing people I love

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                           
 A: Fort Lauderdale!!! I love it, but ONLY in November because that is when they have PERFECT weather.    
                                                      
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  My great grandfather always told me to believe in myself. Those words have stuck with me since the first time he spoke them to me. Because of him I'm never afraid to try something new.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:  Honesty, Loyalty & Dependability

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A: Being persistent, Once I put my mind to it there is NO STOPPING ME!

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                       
A:  Jesus and my great grandfather "Pops"

Happy Teacher Week 2011! Be sure to stop by everyday this week!
Also hop on over to Blog Hoppin' to see all the other wonderful teachers that have linked up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom's been in real estate since I was a kid. We just started buying houses together for investment & one to live in in the town where I grew up. It really is the pits when I find one I love and want to make my home& it is lost in a bidding war.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Writer & Speaker
Children's Author of Klutzy Kantor & Marta's Gargantuan Wings
www.jadaykennedy.com
http://brainfartexplosion.blogspot.com

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Just found your website! Love love your go get 'em personality!!

Takara said...

Thanks Ms. Pancakes! I'm on summer vaction now so I'll be posting more often.

Takara

Jasmine said...

Awesome site! I'm following you now.

Unknown said...

I love your grandfather's advice!